they do break lol

I found on of the few ways to break a Corelle dish this morning. I had heated some oatmeal up in the bowl in the microwave. A corelle bowl; part of a set my brother and his wife got us for Christmas because (this is good) I was tired of having broken dishes. It was hot, so of course I was holding it lightly by the edges. I lost my grip and it fell...and exploded, spilling my yummy oatmeal all over the floor :( So I had to clean it up before the baby got up and tried to help. The only other time I have ever seen that happen was when someone put a corelle plate on a hot electric stove coil. Have you all found any unusual ways for corelle things to break?

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 1:32 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol! My BIL got one to break over his head when he was younger... otherwise I've never seen or heard of them breaking unless they were over 3 years old!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I was watching some tv show where they decided to try to find all the different ways to break them. I dotn remember what it was though.. it was hilarious anyways :) Sorry about your bowl.. lol
    Anonymous

• I dropped one on the ceramic tile and it broke. They are more hardy than regular plates, though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I HAD ONE BREAK(VERY OLD) IN THE DISH WASHER IT GOT STUCK IN THE RACK SO I COULDN'T OPEN THE TOP RACK SO I PULLED THE RACK HARD AND IT BROKE ....EVERY NOW AND THEN I'LL SEE A PIECE IN THE DISH WASHER LOL!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:03 PM on May. 21, 2010