New carseat

Shopping for new carseats...need help!! Any ideas? I was,thinking evenflo

Smash2021

Asked by Smash2021 at 1:41 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chicco Key Fit 30 is the #1 Consumer Reports rated for safety and ease to install.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:42 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i bought the safety 1st convertible car seat. even tho my son grew out of his infant seat, he still can't sit up yet, so he needs the reclining kind. plus for $135, you get the toddler seat and booster seat too. do some online research at crash ratings and such. i love the one i bought. it easily comes out of the car with just the 2 anchor hooks, so we can switch cars. and it can stay rear facing until 35 lbs
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I bought a safety 1st alpha omega elite... my oldest used it for a year. Then my youngest need a larger seat and we bought a Graco nautilus. We loved it so much that we gave away the Safety 1st seat and bought another one for my 3 year old. I think they were around $150 each.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Do you mean an infant seat or convertible? Our convertible is an Evenflo Triumph Advance XL. LOVE it! Have 1 for my 3 1/2 yr old AND my 13 month old. So easy to adjust, which i love. And I like the weight limit goes to 55. I know some go higher but they were out of our budget.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 1:55 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Oh I also wanted to add that the graco nautilius goes from 5-100lbs. It can be used refacing, as a 5 point harness front facing seat, as a high back booster with a seat belt, or as the booster that they just sit on.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:58 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Sorry my son is five months but he weighs close to 18 pounds so need to shop around now. Thanks ladies!
    Smash2021

Answer by Smash2021 at 2:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

NONONONONO.... that is NOT accurate... it is a Forward Facing ONLY car seat it is NOT a convertible car seat

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=8J00BRV
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:17 PM on May. 21, 2010

• OP: I would reccomend the Graco MyRide 65 or the First Years True Fit
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Peanuts mommy.. my bad I must have been cofusing my Safety first seat with my graco.. I remember one of them having an infant support I had to remove... Guess I was just mixed up.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We are buying our son the Sunshine Kids Radian convertible. That way he can stay rear facing for a way long time and it has a steel frame, much better than plastic!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:01 PM on May. 21, 2010