What would you do....pot related

My husband was a pot smoker. I told him if he smoked again = divorce. He is in a lot of pain lately from a bad accident. He's on percocet. Last night he tells me that he tried to smoke pot for pain relief but it didn't work. I was furious. He knows how I feel about pot. So now do I get a lawyer or let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he did it because hes in pain, and was thinking of every possible way to get rid of it. It didnt work, so i would just tell him, i understand why you did it, but it didnt work so you shouldnt do it agian. I dont think its something to get a divorce over...
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• That depends on how big the issue is for you. If it were me, I would let it go, but it seems to be quite important to you. I understand that he was in pain, and he admitted doing it, so maybe your first step could be talking to him; when you're calm.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:59 PM on May. 21, 2010

• you would divorce your hubby over weed? what if it were cigarettes? would you have done the same then? weed is becoming legal in a lot of states now and you still feel the same way? if you feel that strongly then you should leave, but i wouldnt make someone in chronic pain quit taking pain pills or smoking weed just because i didnt like it.
    Anonymous

• if i give my SO an ultimatem like that i usually follow through on it because if you dont, then they'll think your always gonna forgive them and they can do whatever they want.
    but you have to figure it out ... if you dont divorce him, atleast scare the shit out of him
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i would let it go. personaly i would rather have my hubby smoke pot than take a lot of the pain medicines they prescribe for pain. but that's just me. atleast he was honest with you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

• op here - he was only honest with me after a lot of screaming because I saw a pack of rolling papers fall out of his pocket. He was BUSTED and still wouldn't come clean. Finally after an hour he admitted it.
    And yes, pot is THAT big of a deal. I don't care if it's legal everywhere - my husband does not need to do drugs.
    Anonymous

• Pot is not a big deal what is the big problem with it? I'd rather anyone I knew be smoking pot then doing other drugs. It's really not a big deal...don't be so uptight. it's just pot.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I'd smoke it with him! It's POT! Alcohol is worse than pot, nobody ever overdosed on pot! To overdose you have to smoke 1/10 you're body weight in a 24 hr period... yes it is still a drug but it addicting like percocet can be and it is nothing like cocaine or meth!!! Sounds to me like you need to smoke a bowl to calm down and then figure it out (of course, not around the kids.... which is why I personally haven't smoked in a year). Seriously! Yes, after a few years smoking heavily (bowl after bowl after joint after bowl) you loose you're short term memory brian cells but an occasion hit is fine! It's used for pain meds in cancer patients and even anorexics use it to build an appetite! I was told to smoke by all my ob's because I lost so much weight during the pregnancy! I don't like the everyday smokers, but occasionally is nothing to worry about! You wouldn't know if he didn't tell you anyways!
    Anonymous

• you crazy woman... percocet is drug...pot is a plant..get over your self and stop being a bitch!!!!
    Anonymous

• You say your husband does not need to do drugs but your okay with him taking perks? which is highly more addictive then weed...I find that funny...Legel or not weed is still less harmful then any type of narcotic known.
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 2:12 PM on May. 21, 2010