Slim Fast

Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 2:19 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The double chocolate and the fudge flavor (I'm not sure the exact names, the two chocolate one, not the milk chocolate) taste good. The vanilla tastes like I'd imagine poo would taste. They didn't work for me, I couldn't limit myself with them, went through six a day, plus regular food for a few days. I love chocolate too much!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• didnt work for me but i found something that did.. i lost 6 lbs in the first month and i got energy and my metabolism shot to the roof.. plus you can also get the workout dvds to go with it workout 3 days a week for about 20 minutes.. its great
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• swaney what was it that worked?
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 2:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Yes, I did slim fast years ago before there were as many options as there are today. It worked, I lost around 10 lbs, which was all I needed to lose and I didn't gain it back (until after I had my kids!).

Answer by missanc at 8:32 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Please don't drink slimfast. I know someone who had to have surgery to have kidney stones removed from drinking too much slimfast. If you want a meal replacement drink that has vitamins and nutrients with 20grams of protein, please let me know. I lost 16 pounds so far replacing breakfast and sometimes dinner with a protein shake and fiber shake combined. As a matter of fact I just had one and love the taste of it and feel super full. This will easily last me until lunch time, when I have a healthy, but large lunch.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 9:16 AM on May. 24, 2010