Um.... I killed the grass in my lawn...how do I fix it?

So I thought I bought weed killer....NOPE! I bought weed and grass killer and what can I say.... it worked GREAT! Now I have a very brown lawn :(

No weeds, and dead grass... how do I fix this on a low budget and minimal tools? I have girl muscle power and a small lawn.... thank God!

Totally embarrassed :/

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 2:25 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Re-seed it. Best and cheapest bet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i agree with twins!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:15 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Rake out the dead grass & weeds, Lay down a thin layer of garden soil and re-seed. It will come up very fast at this time of year. Don't forget to water!! There is also this New seed called EZ Seed. It is guaranteed to grow even on cement. But it is expensive. They have it at Home Depot & Lowes.
    Anonymous

• I guess it would depend on where you live. I live in Texas and the best grass here is St. Augustine sod. You can buy squares of it this time of year for about 1.25 and lay it sporadically around your yard. It will eventually spread all over and cover the rest of the yard. You could also buy plugs, but that would probably take much longer to completely cover. Rye grass if very cheap, but it is generally winter grass and will die off in hot climates. Research the best grass for your area or ask a local nursery. I tried EZ seed last year and it never came up! And yes, it was expensive   :-)

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 5:27 PM on May. 21, 2010

• It'll come back. Grass roots go VERY deep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 24, 2010