Am I overreacting?

I put on my FB about how my 2 year old can open doors even with those child proof knobs and I was concerned because my DH has friends over sometimes and they might forget to lock the door, I don't want my son to get out. Well one of our friends said something like 'look who his dad is' and another said "awww naw if he was more like his dad he wouldn't be trying to get out he would be trying to get into the liquor lol" then the other said lol. ---is that rude to say? Yes, my husband has a drinking problem but I don't see how the hell that is anyone elses business, esp to put on FB. I'm deleting it but would I be overreacting if I said something to her about it? It really pisses me off that she said that. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I would say something to them. its just disrespectful.
    Anonymous

• Apparently somebody has made it their business to know that your husband is an alcoholic. Be careful what you let people know about your life. And yes it was extremely rude to post on FB.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I agree to be careful what you put online...people are a-holes! But for the comment, she was out of line and you should let her know so.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:56 PM on May. 21, 2010

• hell yeah i would say something - if she had the nerve to post nasty shit on your facebook where other people can see it, why shouldn't you? or really probably the best response is take her ass off your facebook and block her. update your privacy settings.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Does the person know that your husband is an alcoholic, or was it just a joke? I joke with my friends like that all the time, but never in a malicious way.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• They know he USE to be because they've known him for a very long time. But they don't KNOW that he still is. I did say something.
    Anonymous