weight gain? how much has everyone gained and how far along? any good advice to keep weight gain to the minimum just to keep baby healthy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm guessing you accidentally closed this one before you got enough answers. I'll answer again. :)

I'm at about 24.5 weeks a long, and according to my scales, I've gained just under 9 lbs, but I'll find out what they say at my OB's office this afternoon.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• hmm good to know thanks my son is 1 today and we are expecting again im 7 weeks and i kept on like 15lbs still from last pregnancy so I am trying to be very healthy this time and maintain my wieght for the 1st bit and trying to exercise :)
    dprincessbelle

Answer by dprincessbelle at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I hadn't lost all my weight from my first either. When I got pregnant with my first, I was only about 114 to 118, and when I got pregnant with this one, I was at about 133. Of course, my first was already 3 and my thyroid doesn't work exactly right any more, so I'm being quite careful to be healthy too!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:45 PM on May. 21, 2010

• When I was pregnant I exercised everyday (low intensity pregnant videos), drank decaf chai tea when I was hungry for no reason instead of eating, limited any intake of juice, and ate healthy snacks like pickles or string cheese. I gained way too much weight in my first month of pregnancy and by the third trimester, I was terrified of blowing up like a whale. I ended up gaining 33 lbs. in all.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and moderate exercise is good. Just keep what you were doing before going. Just watch for when you get on a little later in pregnancy about riding a bike if you're doing that because your balance changes and you could end up falling. And eat healthy, but don't restrict yourself from cravings. I give in to cravings, but I don't go overboard.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:47 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm at 38 weeks and 5 days. I have gained 33 lbs. I do not look pregnant from behind at all. And barely in front-- If I turn to the side, I'm super pregnant looking. Everything has stayed tight and tucked in. I gained about 10lbs of boobs.

I eat a lot of raw food. I move around constantly. I drink a ton of water and coconut water. We are a mostly organic household.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i am 32 weeks, and 7 lbs below my original weight which is fine bc i was too heavy to begin w. i have been trying to eat very healthy, and not indulge, and i walk for 30-60 min at least 4 times a week.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• There are some things you can do, but your body is going to do what it's going to do. Here's why I'm of this opinion: with my first daughter, I gained like CRAZY. I was making a very conscious effort to eat healthily. I walked every single day, did prenatal yoga twice a week and I swam 30 laps 3 times a week until the day before I delivered (5 days after my due date). I gained 45 lbs!!! from pre-pregnancy weight of 115 to a delivery day weight of 160! It was awful, I looked like my face was going to explode. I lost much, but not all, of my baby weight before I got pregnant with my second (8 months later). The only exercise I really got, besides the occasional walk (but I was not diligent about it), was chasing after my toddler. I ate good meals but lots of junk in between (cravings). I started at 125 or maybe even 128 and at delivery date, I only weighed 145. So 20 lbs or less. My second baby was bigger than my first!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm 32 weeks and have gained 3-4 lbs depending on what time of day I weigh myself. I weigh 128-129 currently, but I lost the first few months due to nausea and am still throwing up 2-3 times/week. Just make an effort to eat healthy - you need to gain weight, and this is my 5th, I've never had a problem losing the weight (of course, I've never gained more than 22 lbs)

Answer by missanc at 4:55 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I am 28 weeks and have gained 6lbs. I try to eat healthy, but that proves to be hard sometimes. I am not very active because I have been on light duty for the last 4 1/2 months thanks to a hemorrhage I have behind the placenta.

lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 5:10 PM on May. 21, 2010