True or False: Currently in The US more than 80% of children under 2 years of age are formula-fed.

Moms who do both BF and FF are not included.

Don't look over the Internet for an answer. What do you think from your own perspective?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. I agree Formula is more common
    2. Breast is best. Its what nature intended.. Drs are not reliable 100%.. Some say dont vaccinate, some say do! Most Drs are not educated on breastfeeding therefor would rather a child be FF..
    (my dr. ask me how much my dd was eating a day & looked at me like i was stupid when i told him how often she nursed for how long... WHAT DO U WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OUNCES ARE IN MY BOOS! Stupid! )
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I don't care its not my business. I fed my child how I felt appropriate and he is happy and healthy - how somebody else wants to feed their child is their choice. Please stop posting these to make an argument.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i agree with cassiRae
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Probably true. I formula fed Kiwi, it was easier for all of us. This gave her a chance to bond with her Daddy, gave me a chance to sleep during the night sometimes so I would be rested, and allowed me to take my meds that I had to take. If I ever had another kid, I'd formula feed him/her as well.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would have to say yes, that seems about right. I say thins only because there is only 2 women in our group of friends who have breast fed, & i am one of them. (LARGE group of about 20 women who all know each other) The rest of all my friends bottle fed. Each and every one of them had a pretty good reason to bottle feed, whether it be they had flat nipples, or they got that boobie disease, or the baby just would not latch.

All i can say, is that if it was 100 years ago, all their children would have died. I bet they would have found a way to breast feed if there was no such thing as formula.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I agree with the previous two. Besides, they are now including fish proteins and nutrients, in formula. This makes formula just as good. A friend was told by her doctor to breast feed up until 6m and then swich over to formula for the best results.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• So you're saying EXCLUSIVELY FF?

True-few mothers in the US are still nursing up to age 2, and most US mothers start whole (cow's) milk at 1 year.

If you said up to 6 mos-False.

Up to 1 year- Probably still true.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Off hand I wouldn't say that stat matches what I've seen around here. Sure plenty of supplemental formula feeding, but the majority of new moms I know do at least some breast feeding.
    Anonymous

• but the majority of new moms I know do at least some breast feeding.

The questions states up to age 2- that's why the #s rise- By 2, my kids were eating what we ate, going to pre-school, talking, playing,coloring etc.... Not sucking boobie-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

• By 2, my kids were eating what we ate, going to pre-school, talking, playing,coloring etc.... Not sucking boobie-

Usually mothers who BF prolonged the feeding up to the second year if not more.
    Anonymous