How do you know when it's time to leave your boyfriend?

I am not in love with him anymore and it seems like he is not in love with me. We fight ALL the time about everything. Even when we aren't fighting I just dont feel like we are supposed to be together. We are technically engaged but have been since 2007 and havent talked about a wedding in a long time. I never wear my engagement ring anymore. He yells a lot at me and in front of our 3 year old son. He has yelled at our son a few times too. He does not know how to parent our child and I try to help him and all he does is say sorry Im a piece of crap. recently, i found out he has been hiding the amount of time he spends online from me and he even is online for hours while supposed to be watching our child. He tries to turn everything and make it my fault. I know I have faults to. But I told him that we need counseling and he refuses to go. How do I know when to leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• When you start questioning it and not a moment later.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2010

• When you know your not in love with him anymore. NOW
    Anonymous

• (This is the person who posted the question...) How can I do that to my son? It will kill him!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you already now it is time to leave him. Make sure you get the custody situated as well. GL

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Your son will learn to adapt to the surroundings that he will encounter. Trust me, I fought with myself for over a year on ending my marriage and that was a big part of it. But I had issues at hand and I felt that I was making the right decision for myself and my son. Your son will still love his father...he doesn't need to see him treat you (or be treated) like crap by the man though. This will show him that it's ok to treat people like this and you don't want him treating you this way when he's older because he saw his dad doing it.

It's time to get him out of your life.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:59 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Umm... how many more clues do you need??
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:29 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Just give that little boy the courage and understanding that everything is going to be okay. Get him & you involved in social activities, say daycare, YMCA, MOPS, church. And NEVER say anything bad about the father in front of him. It is hard at this age, but it gets harder as they get older. I am dealing with the same thing. MAke sure he ( your son) has lots of adult figures in his life!!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 5:33 PM on May. 21, 2010