How odd or not is this??? Husbands ex wife has his name on her license plate three years after divorce...

She has to pay extra every year just to have the specialty plate with his name.... wtf???

Odd? or not???

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 2:33 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is it your husbands ex wife? She's def. not over him!
    Anonymous

• Maybe she just renews it without thinking about it? Maybe it costs more to change it? I dunno. I'm not sure a license plate would be on my list of priorities to change either.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• odd
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Ehh, a little. My mom kept my dad's last name after they got divorced, she hated her maiden name and didn't want to go back. Maybe she just likes his name? :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• As Orionsgirl said it might be cheaper for her to just renew it as is then to get a whole new plate and registration. I wouldn't get worked up over that...
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• She has his first name or last name on it? I kept my x's last name. I liked it so I kept it. If she's got his first name on there, that would be odd. Maybe her new man has the same name.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Does she still have his last name? Then, it is her name on the plate, not his.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:06 PM on May. 21, 2010

• BradenIsMySon-That's a good point, especially if the plate is the LAST name. That didn't even cross my mind. Seeing the OP said "his name" I just assume she was referring to the first name.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 3:10 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Is it on the same car? I'd probably not change the plate until I changed cars because it'd be a hassle and more money than paying the fee for the personalized plate, esp. if the plate is still her last name, too.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:47 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Odd. But maybe she doesn't want to go through the hassle of cancelling the plate for a new one.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:40 PM on May. 21, 2010