Ughhhh. I suck at this!

I'm trying to lose 15 pounds in two months. I'm going to visit family for the first time after having my son 3 months ago. I lost a few pounds but yesterday at the gym I was sooo hungry. I had to stop at the store before I got home and I just grabbed a box of those ritz pretzel things and ate some on the way home. and then I didn't stop. I had some every time I got up with my son last night and I had the rest of them this morning. Now, my husband had some, but I ate the majority. I feel so guilty. I can't stop thinking about it. I went to the gym today and I gained 2 pounds. I feel like crap. Has anyone ever gone through this while trying to change your diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yeah. I tried to cut out the bad food, but that didn't work. Instead, I still buy it, and tell myself I can have it, but I just rethink how much I want/need. I'll get a couple, and put the package away really high in the cabinet, so high that I'll need a chair to get it back down. Then I sit down. If I still want some more, I'll wait a while, then see if I still want to drag the chair over, climb up on it, and get a few more.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:38 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Don't get down on yourself, and stop setting unrealistic goals for yourself. 15 lbs in two months is not a realistic goal.
    Anonymous

• Well, the way I look at it is you took the first step in working out. Everything else will slowly follow behind. I have the same problem as you, I work out at the gym, but then I eat such unhealthy stuff. I feel guilty, but I still work out.
    The first step I took in eating better was, NOT going to the vending machine at work. So, I didn't go for an entire month (and I used to go everyday),It's been about two months since I made that decision and I think I have only gone twice. Start with small steps. You are working out [that's great - good for you]. Now pick one thing you eat that's unhealthy and make a conscience decision to NOT eat it for a certain period in time..by the time that time period is over, you will realize that you can go without it and it will become a normal routine and you won't even think about it anymore. Keep doing that and you will succeed.
    Good Luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• 1. You really didnt "GAIN" 2lbs.. You probably have 2lbs of shit in you (haha).. Your weight can fluctuate about 5lbs a day depending on water retention, full stomach, bowel movements, working out (AFTER a workout you actually weight more-its muscle mass!)
    2. If you have to weigh yourself every day, thats ok i do to, but do it in the AM after pooping. And write it down every Wednesday.
    3. Always keep a healthy snack handy. And dont allow yourself to get too hungry! Keep the bad food out of the house & it wont be there to gorge on.
    4. Dont stress about it.. Stress can make you hold onto your weight! Just work out. and try not to make the same mistake again!

I have alot of weight to lose & have been trying.. Ive only been able to lose 8lbs in 3 months.. So dont down yourself! I am doing what I can, working out, trying to eat well.. Id rather it come off slowly than not at all so i stay positive.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:09 PM on May. 21, 2010

• oh yeah but when i do that i always do a 3 day cleanse..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:11 PM on May. 21, 2010

• keep on keeping on mama!!!
    be sure you are drinking enough water...sometimes thirst can actually be confused for hunger.
    try to have veggies washed and cut...ready to eat!
    try not to put too much pressure on yourself...no one will be judging a new mommy on her weight...if they do, then those are not the people you should be trying to impress!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I still pig out but I change what I pig out on. Working out makes me want to eat a side of beef but I have to settle for prepackaged crabmeat or steamed veggies. For me it's about convenience so I have to have it already made up. You could always pop a sweet potato in the microwave and jump in the shower. By the time you get out it's done. I've even opened up a can of peas or beets and eaten them. I eat stuff like that at room temp so I could chow down quickly.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

• NO one ever said losing weight would be easy just forget about what you did and move forward. it's all about determination and devotion GL
    Anonymous