Getting my stepson a season pass for the Water Park here.. His mother is mad!

I'm buying my stepson and I season passes for a water park that is close to where we live. I told him about it and he's super excited!! Well his mother found out and asked if I would be sending it home with home so she could take him for free as well. I told her no that I would not because the kind of season pass I got, that one pass can also take my neice so on weekends that he isn't here and she stays with me, I want to be able to take her. Also, it's 55 dollars to get another one so if my SS loses it, I'll have to pay that. So I said no! Now, she's freaking out and saying that she won't allow him to go. (Which she can't stop me so piss on her. lol) But it just makes me mad! We pay her 778 dollars a month for just the one child and she can't pay 20 bucks for him to go somewhere when they do go? I paid over 200 dollars for the pass and I'm not giving it to her to lose !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm always the one that buys the season passes to theme parks. We hold Disney, Universal, Zoo, and a water park passes. My ex husband is ALWAYS asking to use them when he has my son. I just let him since it benefits our child and if he loses the pass he knows he has to replace it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:42 PM on May. 21, 2010

• she is just being a bitch in my opinion. screw her.
    Anonymous

• Offer to take her with you one time.
    Even though you may not like her. She will be happy to see her son have fun and it would be good for him to have you all there.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you're being petty but you are perfectly within your own right to do so. Why did you tell your step-son that you got it for him when you really just got it to be able to take a kid with you when you go? Isn't that misleading? Getting lost? Really? I've lost my family pass to the zoo before and they just looked it up and gave me a new one.

Anonymous

• I would share the pass & i HAVE shared the pass. Last year i got a pass to the aquarium for DD & i let her dad borrow it a bunch of times. He would just call & say "hey, can we borrow yor pass?" And i would say OK, here ya go. Maybe you can make an agreement that if the pass gets lost, she buy a new one. I think it's a petty thing to get upset about. If DD's step mother (which she does not have yet) bought her a season pass, i would be happy for DD. That's a cool thing for you to do. She may just feel jealous that you are able to afford him one & she is not. Just because you give her $700 a month does not mean she has all the extra cash to go do these fun things. It probably just hurts her feelings thinking that her son might have more fun with his step mom than his real mom. I would share the pass & i never would have thought twice about it. But, i am a giver. I love giving & sharing.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:47 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Believe it or not, she can stop you from doing a lot of things when it involves her son. You're being petty and btw, the child support comment seems bitter. Your husband has a responsibility to support his son and you knew that going in. Not feeling very sorry for you about any of this.
    Anonymous

• OP here: No, she can afford it. She pulls in over 2,000 a month in child support for two kids not to mention that her new boyfriend is a pediatrician and they just bought a new house together. He drives a Hummer truck and she drives a Mercedes. They aren't hurting. Me on the other hand. I drive an old explorer and my hubby drives a pick up truck and we live in an apartment. So, no I'm not sharing. And thats just it. She wouldn't replace the pass and it's not that she wants to borrow it on occassion. She wants me to send it home with him every week and then bring it back. It will get lost that way and it's 55 dollars to get another one because it's just like a credit card. And I don't want to send it home with him and him forget to bring it back so we can't go on the weekend because I can't afford to have it replaced.
    Anonymous

• OP here: Anon 2:51. Sounds like your a little bitter. She can't stop me from taking my stepson to a water park. I'm sorry, but she just can't. She can bitch, whine and moan til she's blue in the face, but that just won't happen.
    Anonymous

• I've lost my family pass to the zoo before and they just looked it up and gave me a new one.

That is nice that your Zoo replaces lost tickets. But most won't do that. If she has tickets to a six flags park, the tickets are not replaceable. From the six flags web site:

I received my shipped tickets, but I can't find them. What can I do?
    The published Terms & Conditions state that tickets and season pass vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen or unused. In compliance with these terms, we are unable to cancel or refund your order

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I think you have the right to keep a season pass you buy in your possession. If she wants to get him one, fine. I don't think you are being petty and the only way she can stop you from taking him is to get a court order. So ignore all the ones who say she is justified in this and that. No she isn't. She should get her son a pass if she wants him to have one. Don't see you telling her to get you a pass for him to places they go together.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2010