When you go on vacation do you take your pets?

We have two dachshunds and so far everywhere we have been, we have taken them with us. My husband wants to go on a vacation without them, because we can't stay gone all day because we have to walk them. But we have no one to watch them. I don't trust my friends to watch them and both of our parents don't have dogs in the house and my mom doesn't believe in having inside animals... Anyways, I told him it's too bad. We got them with the understanding they were part of the family and they were going as well. Our kids want to take the pets and I do too, but my hubby is a butt about it. LOL. What do you do with your pets when you go somewhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Pets

• there is usually somewhere you can board them that will take good care of them while you are on vacation. i leave our dog with my mom when we go somewhere.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:45 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Try boarding them at your vet clinic. If you trust your vet clinic to medically care for your dogs, then they should do a great job of caring for them while you are gone [it is pretty pricey tho].
    We've never taken our pets with us, but that's b/c we have plenty of willing people to watch them. We usually have my friend stay at the house [like staying at a nice hotel for free ... minus the room service - lol].
    I would love to take my pets but my cat gets stressed very easily so it's just easier to keep her at home and have a famliar person stay with her. I'd take my dog but he pee's like every 20 minutes.. and he's huge. lol.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:49 PM on May. 21, 2010

• The majority of the time they go with us. But there are times when they can't, so we have a good friend of ours stay at our house and watch them. WE have three dogs so the truck definantly get crowded with all the stuff we have to bring but we enjoy having them with us.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• when I had cockatiels I did. I formula hand fed them from hatchlings, we were very bonded. even if the hotel didn't allow pets I still brought them.

I have been bird-free for like 4 years and my family has a cat. once when he was a kitten we took him to a super 8 w/ us. now he's adult and car rides aren't his thing.... he prefers to stay home. luckily my parents live about 10 blocks away so they can check on him and feed him and stuff.

my parents have a little toy dog about 4 pounds. she can only be kenneled about 5 hours max at a time so any trips longer than that she either stays w/ me or they take her in a purse.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We have a pet sitter. She comes twice a day and charges $35.00 a day. We have 2 dogs, some fish, 6 inside cats and 13 outside cats. When I just had one dog I would take it to the kennel. I like that the pet sitter will also notice if there is a problem at the house.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 4:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• ok well im in the same boat as you except i have alot more house animals lol i have a lab, rottweiler, beagle bassett, and a jack russell we take all of them with us..wherever we go..if they cant go then we dont..we also had the understanding when we got them that if they couldnt go then we wouldnt either...i also dont have anyone to leave mine with and not only that i dont trust anyone else with them especially my lab bc she has seizures..good luck and i agree with you that they should go!
    Anonymous