What should I do? Should I do nothing at all?

I have a friend whom I like very much. Her and her husband have been having some problems (he got hurt at work and has been having back problems). This has led to alot of different problems such as $ issues, kids missing school because of traveling to Dr. appointments, and worst of all they seem to be collecting alot of stuff. I am not sure if they are acquiring alot of stuff because he has a hoarding problem, or if they just can't get up the energy to get rid of things. Anyway, the problem is that they are now infested with mice. We went over recently because they just had a baby and the kids and my husband were saying that their back yard is full of mice. I didn't go outside to see it and inside looked okay. So if their back yard is full of mice, is it safe to say that the inside of their home is infested also? I know that they have seen mice in their basement and that their basement is full of stuff. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Is it none of my business?
    Anonymous

• You do nothing. it is not your problem. Stop going over theire would be a good thing to do.

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would make an anonymous call to CPS. Mice carry disease!
    Anonymous

• Maybe offer to help or plan a yard sale anything can help. This is a strange topic approaching someone about hoarding if this is the issue can make them defensive maybe you talk to your friend have your husband talk to her husband and say you are only concerned. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• All I know for sure is that a buddy of mine had CPS come to his home when 1 mouse (1 lone mouse got into his home) bit his son while he was sleeping. If there are that many mice, I'd bet money that CPS would take those kids until the parents could clean everything up.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 4:49 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i would offer to help them clean and bomb.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:33 PM on May. 21, 2010

• to the anon poster: for F's sake this is her friend and they are having problems - this is not something they've been doing forever. treat them as your friends. ask how you can help. be honest about your worries - that's what friends do. then listen to what they say and act accordingly.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:07 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure I would do anything other than not ever go there or send my kids there. EWW!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:30 PM on May. 21, 2010