Do you miss hubby/SO when he goes out or do you enjoy the time away?

I miss hubby so much when he goes to work or goes to see his family for the weekend. I still cry when he leaves and he'll be gone over night. I love him so much, I still hate being apart from him at all. I would think by now I would want some time apart but I don't! Anyone else know this feeling or do you like your time apart??

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 3:13 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i feel that way too sometimes, but other times he takes the kids with him and i have to try and enjoy the time that i have to myself. Cause other wise.. i'd go crazy lol.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:15 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I know how you feel. I was told that I'm codependent on my husband. I'm not saying that you are (or that I agree entirely of that being my problem) but yes, I can understand completely. I figured by now I'd be thrilled to have some time to myself but what I think is we're apart all day while he works, the overtime can be hell, and evenings and weekends should be our time. But when we don't get enough time, I feel so miserable.
    Anonymous

• yeah i miss mine too....he's been working 16 hour shifts latley and we don't see each other but maybe an hour a day
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i would miss him if he was gone over night or the weekend but i love it when he is at work...i actually get mad if he decides he is going to stay home. I'm like "you just through a wrench in my plans".."now i can't watch Oprah"..hehe. i don't really mind. I really do enjoy my alone time though. I start missing him when he is running late..and i do get all excited when its his time to be home. I love my husband.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i enjoy the time alone when he goes to work. until about an hour before he comes home. i start missing him and get excited that he is coming home. he doesnt go anywhere overnight without me, or atleast hasnt yet. i would cry if he left overnight. i hate it when he works a double shift, i miss him a lot then.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:19 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I enjoy my time as much as I can. I'm a very independent person though, so I really need ALONE time. Heck, I was cool with him being gone a week because I got the bed all to myself! I LOVED that! I missed him when he was deployed for a year, but I handled it pretty well for the most part. I guess after having him gone for a year, a weekend or even a week is nothing to me.
    Anonymous

• How long have you been married? He must not be in the military? 18 of our 21 years of marriage my DH was in the army. I got use to him being gone for a month or longer, sometimes a years or so. Now that he has retired from the army. I miss those days he was gone. My "me time" I called it.

Answer by louise2 at 3:23 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I miss my huband during the work day, but after 13 months of seperation while he was in Iraq (and I was pregnant for the first part), those hours don't seem so long.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 3:28 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I miss mine when he has been gone for about 12 or so hours and I start to get concerned if I haven't heard from him. Otherwise go away and let me have my alone time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:31 PM on May. 21, 2010

• No, I know he will come back. I miss him, but not enough to cry.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2010