Can you believe this? Why does Obama want to teach people how to call into radio shows?

Now Obama wants to teach Liberals how to call in to radio shows. I don't have a clue why the Whitehouse wants to teach people how to call in to talk shows. It's not something that should be coming out of our government.
This site has a bunch of radio show links for you to listen to at the click of a button and then call in so you can practice. Check it out

Here is the first talking point tip. I say it is proper since so many Libs get really nasty on the call ins.
•Be polite, respectful, and clear. Remember, you represent Organizing for America.

http://radio.barackobama.com/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:14 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, it IS silly. But I don't think it's too much different from the TEA party sending out instructions to members on how to act during tax day protests. Remember that from last month?

I think the real point is: why do we have to teach people to be civil to participate in civics? If you're old enough to vote, you should be old enough to be able to make your point calmly and sensibly.

And YES, I paint BOTH sides of the aisle with that particular tarbrush.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on May. 21, 2010

• why do we have to teach people to be civil to participate in civics? If you're old enough to vote, you should be old enough to be able to make your point calmly and sensibly.

LOL- just thinking of a couple of the regulars on this site..........

Sadly, light years away, light years.

Anonymous

• The only problem I have with it GD is where it is coming from. The Tea Party is independent and payed for NOT with tax dollars. YES, there are politicians connected to iy and it IS political but it DOESNT use tax dollars. My OTHER problem is WHY is this coming from the WHITEHOUSE? I realize that the man in office is a democrat but the office of the presidency should be for ALL Americans NOT a position for him to use to further such a FOCUSED agenda towards a specific group. I do not believe it's right for the WH to out and out snub a particular news source and favor another. I believe this of ALL administrations (before I get the "bush did it" people). The WH has WAY more important things to be dealing with.....and before anyone says he can multi task...no he cant. Too many things are being left unattended while he tries to push through an agenda. THIS is NOT what the WH needs to be worrying about!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:29 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I believe it.

Liberal leaders know that their followers aka sheep wouldn't know an original thought if it bit them in the butt. That's why they not only need the calling tips but talking points.

Anonymous

• Do you seriously just sit around all day and google crap and then think you have a point or something?
    Anonymous

• See, they know that the lib stations have no listeners. So they have to get on the conservie stations. And, the libs need talking points and lessons so that they can have a fighting chance to get by the screeners. They don't often succeed, even with everything spelled out for them.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

Says the sheep.

And they think they can bombard people like Rush, but Rush would bury a typical lib.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2010

• barackobama.com isn't the White House. That's whitehouse.gov, and I don't see a link to this same info there. If you find it, I'm happy to be corrected. But these are different sites.

Barackobama.com is paid for by the Democratic National Committee.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I find it HILARIOUS that, uhhh...OBAMA is, uhhhh, giving, uhhhh ANYONE, ummmmmm tips on, uhhhhhhhh how to ummmmmm talk to, uhhhhhhhh, conservative, umm radio hosts!!!!!! LOL :o)

Seriously, it's been proven time and time again, that without his trusty ol' teleprompter or note cards in front of him he can't hold a simple conversation!! What are the libs gonna do when the conservative radio host asks them for SUPPORTING FACTS or PROOF as to what they claim?! If you don;t know what you are talking about, and haven't doen the proper research, you will, like Obama, FAIL!! And just like Obama millions of people will hear you fail and laugh at you too!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

• it's so hilarious to see all the liberal-haters calling liberals sheep. the majority of the tea party imbeciles and a large portion of the other conservatives don't have a clue how to think for themselves... they just get all excited about whatever they see on tv or hear people talking about and think they are smart because they have an opinion. a good example is how gdiamante points out that people just spout stupid crap without knowing what they're talking about... and everyone just believes it and gets all worked up without stopping to find out what's really going on. liberals tend to spend more time taking action than sitting around yapping and trying to appear witty, which gives a low appearance to those who base all their thoughts on the media. basically this is about fighting the ignorance rampant in the media and its sheep.
    Anonymous