Walmart's wedding cakes

Did you or anyone you know have your/their cake done from them? Im going in a little bit to talk more about it with them, but I was wanting some reviews lol. Im stuck between them and a local bakery. Which I know the local bakery does good work, but they're more pricey cakes. Thanks!

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 3:20 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We got ours from Walmart.. my sister in law said it was the best wedding cakes she has ever had. Including the more expensive ones.

Everyone at our wedding gave rave reviews, and the best it only cost us 60 bucks.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:59 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We got ours from Sam's Club. It was awesome!
    Anonymous

• I would always choose the local bakery over getting it from Walmart. There's a reason a local bakery is more expensive. It costs them more to make the cakes than it costs Walmart. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart cakes, but Sam's cakes have always been really moist.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 3:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Go with the local, support small business.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:22 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Go with what you can afford. If you have the budget then sure go with a local bakery but if the money's not there don't be guilt-ed into buying a higher price cake. I get most of my cakes at Walmart and they have always been pretty moist and tasty.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• A friend got her wedding cake at WalMart.. It was *perfect*! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My friend got her wedding cake at Walmart and it was amazing!!! Walmart has delicious cakes and they are inexpensive. Why spend an arm and a leg on a cake when you can get one for cheaper and it tastes just as good as a bakery cake? The cakes are made right at Walmart in their bakery.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on May. 22, 2010