Healing after birth question...

Im going for my 6 week check up monday...I had a natural birth...VBAC...and Ive noticed when sitting on the toilet (sorry)...it still hurts, like the pressure makes the area i got stitched up sore. I was told I tore really bad (didnt dilate evenly) and had a 3rd degree episiotomy....Sex feels really weird at this point..certain positions feel like something is in the wrong place on me..lol. it feels kinda like a bone is wrong down there i suppose.

Well i found out the doc that delivered my baby was also the doctor that was on the news that performed a C-section a month or two ago on the girl that WASNT EVEN PREGNANT! UGG I hate my luck...

Is it possible that she did something wrong, has any one else taken this long to heal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• it does take a long time to heal. i ripped a lot. and i did not feel right for a long time after. sitting on the toilet was the worst, and sex was just weird for like 3 or 4 months. some people take longer to recover, just make sure you are eating right, taking vitamins, and taking it easy. and tell your doctor for sure(or maybe a different doctor).
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I had a 4th degree tear with my first. He was head down but turned wrong and stuck. I was absolutely miserable for the first three weeks but after that I was healed fairly well. For a while sex and the feeling there was wierd for me too though. It takes time but if you are concerned, you should tell your doctor or just get a different one.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:09 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I never tore that bad, but I know that at 6 weeks PP we were NOT having sex yet and I was still sore. Make sure you are using your sitz bath as directed and hold off on sex a little longer if it hurts. Sex didn't feel normal for about 3 months and still didn't feel like before, but we could do any position and not have pain.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I tore in my 1st pregnancy,but I didn't hve sex untill I was fully recover,but I just recently have a stillborn almost a month ago n I decided to hve sex about 3 or 4wks in it felt normal no pain nothing now few days ago I had to rush 2 the doc b4 my 6wks visit because I keep hve bad cramps,n now they're not sure wats wrong wait on my result,and the pain is no joke plz take it easy.
    dajah2681

Answer by dajah2681 at 5:54 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I only had two teeny stitches; the discomfort only lasted a couple of weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 AM on May. 22, 2010