anyone looking in to giving their child up for adoption?

just wondering what your feelings are and your thought process about the whole thing... i've thought about it myself but just dunno...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Adoption

• no, but i will let you baby sit
    Anonymous

• Anon, that was uncalled for. A woman is not a horrible mother just because she considers placing her child for adoption. You don't know the reasons she is thinking about this or her circumstances.

OP, I have no experience in this area or advice, but there are many who do. It might help you to talk to others who have been there while you are making your decision. Best of luck to you!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:09 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i think it's the dumbest thing in the world unless it's to protect the child from going without his/her needs.if u can't sipport the child after trying everything then i would say yes it's better for the child..but if it's cuz u dont think u can handle them then y did u think u could handle having them?it depends on the situation really just make sure that u do what is in the best interest and well being of the child and talk to the new family a lot to c their thoughts on how the child should be taken care of and dont rush into anything at all BE CAREFUL BECAUSE WHAT U DO IS GONNA MAKE UP A BIG PART OF THE PERSON THIS CHILD WILL BE
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 4:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I thought about it but couldn't go through with it. I love her and think she's wonderful. She's the light of my life but I've always regretted not allowing her to have a better life than what I could give her as a single mom after her dad left me with nothing and two other children to take care of. I guess it all works out for the best. No matter what you decide I'm sure it's the right decision for you. Moms who love their child enough to give the child a great life that perhaps we can't give him/her are still great moms imho.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Why do you guys have to be so mean to her? Obviously this is hard for her or she wouldn't be asking for help! She is probably thinking about her child's needs and best interest's. Isn't that what every mother wants, for her child to be healthy, happy, and well cared for? Maybe this is the only way her child can have all those things. You do not know the situation or the story. At least she didn't go and kill her baby, she is trying to help her unborn child and that is what matters.

OP- I wish you the best of luck, and hope you are able to make the right choice for you and your child.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Some of you are absolutely ridiculous! If she was thinking about abortion, then all of you would jump on her saying she should put it up for adoption if she didn't want to keep it. WTH do some women always feel the need to belittle others? Seriously?! Get a life.

OP...good for you for asking for help. I have never thought about doing what you did but I WAS adopted at the age of 3 to a wonderful family. To MY family. I never knew why I was given up for adoption and to be honest, never cared to know. Many children that come to adoptive families find out their history and meet their birth moms, etc. In my eyes, my family was my blood related family. All I know is that it was my grandmother who put us up for adoption, so I'm sure my situation is a little different.

If you honestly think you cannot provide for your child the way they should be provided & love for, then by all means, sooo many people out there (cont)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 4:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• want a baby and simply cannot have one and would do anything to have a family of their own. Words cannot express how grateful I am to my biological grandmother who put me up for adoption because the family that raised me, my family....has given me a life that I could not have dreamed for. They are amazing, supportive and I do KNOW that my life would have been completely different if I wasn't adopted.

Be strong and know that whatever decision you decide IS the best one for YOU. Let no one else decide that for you.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• First off you are not a horrible mother. I am sorry for the insensitive anonymous post. Regardless if you keep your baby, or place your baby for adoption that is a decision only you can make. Every circumstance differs. You should not have to feel rushed to make a decision take your time. There are lots of resources and information out there if you need help either to keep your baby or place your baby for adoption. Don't make a decision until you are sure of what you feel is best for you and your baby.
    Anonymous

• To be a crackhead and ditch your child makes you a bad mother. To be an expectant mother and choose not to have an abortion and choose a family for your child and a life you would want for him is as UN-selfish as it gets. It's a shame people can't evolve, for example if just half of people like the guests on Jerry Springer had thought about adoption before they gave birth, how much misery could have been avoided just in that sample crossection of humanity?
    There are so many examples of a bad mother...but one who considers adoption as an option for their baby is certainly not one, in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Nothing wrong with adoption.Just remember to contact any adoption agency.

To the anon that is cruel: what gives you the right to judge? An infant being adopted will be placed in a home while older children would have to wait. Some women just aren't ready and for them to have the strength to give there child to a loving home to a family that couldn't have children is such a blessing. Why would you be so cruel?
    Anonymous