He's only 1 years old, what do you think?

my son is a mommy's boy which I'm fine with he's only 1 after all. Well he was acting uncomfortable when he was all alone with my friend and she made a big deal about it like omg what is wrong with him. When your child wants you do you turn them down to help them "grow up" or not even think of it after all they're small.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on May. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son is 4 1/2 and he still gets hugs, kisses and snuggles on demand
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:16 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Nope!! I still pick my son up and carry him when he wants me to .. plus your baby is 1- seperation anxiety is common at this age/stage... tell your friend to read up on her parenting!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• he is only going to want to cuddle and sit on your lap for so long. enjoy it while you can! he is too little to grow up.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• What? No! Don't be ridiculous. You don't need to toughen a kid up by depriving him of affection.
    Anonymous

• Mine is 3, he is super cuddly and kissy; but only with me. He plays tough with daddy and not all the time is he cuddly with me either. Your kid is only 1, enjoy it!
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My DS was a super attached kiddo. He's 5 now, and while he still is my sweet, loving boy, he's totally good with hanging out with other people too. Don't worry about it and enjoy his little-ness.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You can't grow a child up by failing to meet his needs. No, really, not even by insisting he doesn't really have them, or they're not really important.

My cling-on sat on my lap until she was 12.5. Years. Yes, years. A lot of other people had a lot to say about it --happily a long way from my Mama Bear 'not listening to your shit' ears, but I heard about it. And my response to 100% of it was 'are you jealous? Do you need to sit on my lap for a bit?'

Secure, attached, healthy people watch secure, attached healthy children meeting their needs for affection and security without noticing; detached, insecure and mentally disordered people get really angry about it and are inclined to wig out with all kinds of dire warnings like 'never' grow up, or 'never' stop being total sucks.

My girl went to London & Scotland alone at 17. Planned, paid for and went alone. She wants to move to Glasgow when she grows up. In a year or two.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:17 AM on May. 22, 2010