What are some good and taste meals for a pregnant woman yet not fatning?

Lilmama140

Asked by Lilmama140 at 4:11 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hot cereal.... topped w/ skim milk and some fruit. folic acid, iron galore. and comfort food :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:14 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm not prego, but am trying to lose weight. I just had a very yummy lunch of Talapia (white fish- safe while prego), some mixed veggies (normandy blend- yellow and green zucchini squash, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.) and white rice (I added some garlic salt and a teaspoon of butter to the water for flavor) It was sooooo yummy and very filling. Very healthy too.
    Instead of hamburger, use ground turkey. Instead of bread use whole wheat tortillas, fresh fruit and veggies at every meal. Just making smart choices at every meal will help you. And remember, It's not always WHAT you're eating, but HOW MUCH you're eating. Pay attention to portion size.
    You could check out some websites that give meal ideas for people with type 2 diabetes. They have wonderful meal ideas that are really healthy. I know I only gave one meal, but for me, I look at what I used to make, and then figure out how to make it healthier.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 5:08 PM on May. 21, 2010

• http://vegkitchen.com/tips/vegetarian-pregnancy.htm

Send me a message if you would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on May. 22, 2010