Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!How could he????????

I just found out that my brother molested my niece about 10 years ago. I told my daughter who is now 21 about it and she told me that he did the same to her when she was 4. I want to kill him but she doesnt want me to say anything. what do I do>? I live next door to him. I watch his daughter all the time and im worried for her but so far I havent seen any foul play. I hate this.....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (20)
  • You need to call the police and report this. Pedophiles don't just stop. He is molesting someone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • you MUST go to the police ASAP

    for his daughers sake, if he has offended twice, he likely doing it again

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:14 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • not only that, it's illegal not to report these things if they could do it again.

    Answer by LisaG777 at 4:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • CALL THE COPS!!! You may be saving his daughter's innocence. So many children are afraid to report molestation, that when they do you must report immediately. Think about what his poor daughter may be going through and keeping a secret. You obviously didn't realize he hurt your daughter so you may not see the signs on his daughter either. Please call for that little girls sake.

    Answer by imamommmmyyy at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • Call the police. You didn't know it was happening to your daughter (which is not your fault btw), it could be happening to his daughter too.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • Personally, I'm all for the ass kicking. She doesn't want anything said because she's either ashamed or has come to terms with it. Either way, if he did it twice, he's doing it now to his own kid. Either call the cops, or kick his ass and then call the cops.

    Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:29 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • if you dont call the cops you are no better than he is...that would make you an enabler. if i found out ANYONE hurt my or not i am sorry but i would be going to prison....there would be no stopping me need to take it into your own hands and call the police prevent it from happening again. call the police. she doesnt want you to say anything because she is afraid of him and what he might do to her for telling. call the police. you have no other choice but to call the police immediately...

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • call the cops

    Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • Sitting in silence is what might hurt this girl. I believe you should ask and keep asking and if you do not this could get worse for her. Call him out on it get some support from family members this is not going to happen quickly and when it is all said and done it will have to be reported. This is going to be hard for everyone involved know this now. destruction is going to come of this but know this will also save her and return your daughters dignity to her. GL Momma


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • I wish my dad had called the cops on his brother. Get off line and call the police NOW!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.