First peirod after c-section

My son turned 11 weeks today and my first peirod had decided to make it's apperance last night. I've never had a Painful peirod like this one! I have to change pads every hour and my back and stomach are killing me! I tried taking midol but it's not helping like it used to. Is it normal to have a really heavy PAAAINFUL first period after a c-section!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• Yes, but it has nothing to do with the c-section. It is just because you had a baby. My dr says that after each baby your uterus stretches and becomes larger, making your periods heavier and more painful. After my 2nd baby, my periods had me in a fetal postion on the floor. Not looking forward to my period returning at all now after baby #3. I had 3 c-sections. But my dr says that has no effect on periods, it's the number of babies you have that causes the increased flow and cramps.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Fully agree with first poster although
    you may also need to be checked for "Endometriosis".
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:38 PM on May. 21, 2010