Do you judge other mom's by the way they dress?

When I drop my daughter off at preschool I wear jeans usually a black top (my favorite color) and a Army zip up jacket. I go home and do yard work, and take online classes while she's in school. My hair always looks nice and I do wear a little make-up but that's about it. I guess I do look a little bummy while I'm getting out of my $37,000 minivan lol!!. There are other moms who work that are dressed nicely and mom's who just dress up and who are in full make-up just to drop their kids off. I was just wondering if you judge people by the way they are dressed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I couldn't. I always wear jeans and a sweatshirt with tennis shoes. I like to be comfortable but I'm not doing it to hide fat or cause I'm poor. Unless I'm going out or somewhere where I need to look nice, I'm no makeup and casual. That said, anyone of us could be poor at any moment so I cannot judge. I do see the dolled up gals with their prada shoes and Louis Vuitton bags and I wonder, "why?" but maybe it makes them feel good. I'm cozy in my skin and with our socio economic place.
    Anonymous

• not for being dressed down i dont...but i am guilty or having bad thoughts about the moms who go to pick up or drop their kids off at school with their boobs all hanging out and clothes obviously too small. i mean come on it is a childs environment. show some class and cover yourself up. its a school not some trashy night club....but i myself am usually like you in jeans and a t shirt....some times i am dressed up if i have a meeting that day or something to that nature then i dress accordingly...but on a regular basis i dress how i am comfy....
    Anonymous

• as long as they aren't dressed like sluts then no
    Anonymous

• Only if they are wearing shorts or skirts with their bums hanging out or tops where their boobs might pop out. other than that nope im good with it. Some days i have hair done, makeup, cute outfilt, and some days gym clothes and some days ponytail firmly in place, jeans and t shirt on and i am headed for some serious housework. So unless your dressing like a $2.00 whore LOL then it doesnt bother me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:51 PM on May. 21, 2010

• yeah. i do. I'm the mom who roles out of bed and puts her bra on...sometimes i may brush my hair or teeth..i throw on my flip flops and we are out the door. I spend more time getting my child ready. I see other moms ( i know they are sahm's) they come at 7:30 in the morning to drop their kids off and they have on makeup, they are wearing high heels, they have their hair all diddied up...um no! I'm going back home sitting my ass on the couch and cafemomming it and having me a cup of coffee. I don't know what their big plans are..maybe to go strut around the mall or something later in the afternoon but for me it can wait
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• lol at anon :48 that was exactly what i was going to say.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:53 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Hallelujah!!! Sahy1130 preach it sister...

Anonymous

• yes i do judge moms who are dressed very nice and wearing makeup with their hair all prefect

i think that they are not spending enough time with their kids

L O L
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:56 PM on May. 21, 2010

• shay 1130

i am a sahm
    and i am not dressed pretty, no makeup, can not remember the last time i put any on
    if i get two showers in a week, it is a good week
    never go to any mail, that is a nightmare for me just thinking about it-daughter has autism and taking her anywhere is a 99% chance of meltdown
    i do get on here when she finally wears herself out and tips over (can not really call it napping, but i can call it sleep)
    my big plans are to try to get her to not bang her head into the wall, keep clothes on her without tantrums, cross fingers she has a good speech day and says mama, or please (signs that one)
    my big dream... i do not have nay dreams anymore
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:04 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i understand that some moms do it because they have self esteem issues and they need to do it to make themselves feel complete everyday
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:08 PM on May. 21, 2010