would you stay with you SO for your child?

if you knew you are with the wrong person would you stay with that person just because they are the father of your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i have, and am. and i dont recomend it. it will make you miserable. even if he is a good man.
    Anonymous

• no. Currently I have been seperated from my husband for 3 months now and honestly I feel me again. He is a great person & dad but not the one for me. You cannot sacrifice your own happiness becasue in order to make you child happy you must model it.

Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 5:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• No. I would try a bit harder to make things work but if I ultimately knew... I don't think miserable parents are best for kids...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:27 PM on May. 21, 2010

• no, why stay if you are not happy? staying for your child is a big mistake because it will only make you miserable and you being depressed isn't good for your baby anyways
    Anonymous

• no, just because he is the father of ur child doesn't mean u love him. If u don't love him move on, don't make urself miserable over something like that. He will prolly always be part of ur life because u have a child together but he doesn't have to part of ur life in that way.You deserve happiness and if u can't have it with him then maybe u can find it somewhere else.
    mari_hailey

Answer by mari_hailey at 5:28 PM on May. 21, 2010

• no, i tried doing that. Kids are smart and know when you are unhappy. Unhappy mom and dad makes unhappy kids
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• If you are just going through a rough patch then yes and I have, but it is because deep down I still loved him we were just not seeing eye to eye on some things. We worked through it and are stronger in our relationship now then we used to be. But if I KNEW that I didn't love him then yes I would leave. I think people now a days leave too quickly though and know many people who told me to leave him when we went through our rough spot and had we not had kids yet I probably would have.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:35 PM on May. 21, 2010

• It depends on the age of the child. Is he/she a baby or a teenager. Babies don't care,but teenagers do & can become quite resentful & then you have a whole new problem. However,I do believe everyone is entitled to happiness. If you can't make it work & you can support yourself & your child you should probably leave. I did!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 6:32 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I stayed when I became pregnant.... THe last yr and a half has been miserable.... When it is good it's good but when it's bad it is bad.... It is very confusing, I wouldn't recommend it
    Anonymous

• Absolutely NOT. It does your child NO favors for you to be in a bad relationship...it echoes down to him.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:54 PM on May. 21, 2010