Would you still work just to "teach" your kids?

If you won the lottery ( like enough to support you and your family for the rest of your life) ...... would you still work so your kids would learn a "life lesson"

If you had enough that you know it would go on to support your children and grandchildren would you still make them work and go to college ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would want them to volunteer and yes i would want them to have an education
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:31 PM on May. 21, 2010

• No I wouldn't. I might do some volunteer work or something but I wouldn't hold a regular job. Besides I would be filling the position of someone else who could use it in this economy. I would spend as much time with my family as possible.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• No, i wouldnt work ( which i dont now either) lol... I would take that oppurtunity to spend with my family ... of like the others said we would all do volunteer work

as for college, whether we have millions of dollars or not, I will give them the option when they get to that age.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:39 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Well in my case with our son being autistic,we'd probably get him a tutor of sorts for his education after high school. College may not be an option,but we're hoping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i would volunteer. and probably take my kids with me and have them help out too. she would go to college for sure, but i would not want her to work while in college. i would want her to focus on school.

jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm a SAHM now, so I'd not change that. ;) But, I'd expect my husband to do something other than sit on his butt in front of the computer for the rest of his life. If he quit his job (which I'd be fine with), I'd expect him to do something productive with his day because I do think that children should see that both parents contribute to the running of the household.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:51 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would start my own business which is a dream that my husband and I have. I would expect them to work in the family business a few days a week after school. After the graduate high school it's up to them to decide what they want to do in life.

Anonymous

• Well.. Id go to college. Guide my own career in that way- if it means having my own business great! but a "regular" job just to be doing it no..
    I would want all my kids to have jobs/education.. Money makes money! If you dont know the value of a dollar, or a million dollars, your not going to spend it wisely.. It will go to waist & then you will still have to work either way..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:12 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Yes, I would maintain a job, and I would not use the money to continue to support the kids after they turn 18. They would nee to know how to work and that working is good for you.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 6:21 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You know, that's the one thing I do like about Bill Gates; his three kids will not be "idle rich" but will have to make their money the old fashioned way. Donald Trump also put his kids to work.

I probably would start my own local news operation for my town.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:59 PM on May. 21, 2010