Do you think it's ok for your SO to have a best friend who is female?

Asked by redhotmommy at 7:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I really think it depends on the situation. If my husband had a best friend that was a girl and they had been friends back long before he ever even met me...then I feel that I would have no problem with that (as long as they had never been intimate). However, making a female friend that close while we're married I'm not okay with it. I feel that it is a temptation, and while I trust my husband, I feel that there is never a reason to put a temptation into your life that doesn't need to be there.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• not to be a jealous biotch or anything, but definately not. Its innapropriate

• That all depends apon the amount of trust that you have developed in your relationship. If he has given you reason to suspect something more than frienship, I would take it slowly. Talk with him about your concerns. Only the two of you will know if this "arrangement" will be harmful or beneficial to your relationship.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No it does not work. I had a very good friend of mine from highschool and his girlfriend did not like it, she made it so we couldn't be friends any longer.. I had to let go of the friendship so that he could be happy with her. It is worth it if he is happy. But no I think it is not appropriate it to have a best friend of the opposite sex...

Answer by BreakingFree at 7:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Absolutely, I think it's ok! My best friend is a male

Answer by add_chase at 8:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• absoultly not

• No I don't...I think it will just complicate and cause problems !

Answer by roseisme at 8:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Of course that does cause more problems especially if ya'll are jealous...The situation and feelings should play a big part of the equation.

Answer by CookieMama at 8:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think it depends on the couple. If both the husband and wife know this other women and the wife is ok with it then it's fine. But if she's not for what ever reason, then I think the kindest thing the husband can do is tell his friend that he's sorry, but he can't be friends with them because it upsets his wife to much.

Answer by Momsboys2 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• NOPE...I know in my heart of hearts I wouldn't like he's gonna have a BEST FRIEND it should be me!!!

Answer by BayandMadsmom at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008