How can I remove Mirena myself?

I've had my Mirena implant since Feb. 2009. I've never had a problem with it other than the few normal things until about a week ago.
Basically I'm pregnant without being pregnant. I've done all the tests and the doctors say nothing looks wrong, but there is something very wrong.
I am nauseous at random times every day like morning sickness.
I have terrible craps and back aches along with migraines.
I am on a hormonal roller coaster that is 20 times worse than when I was actually was pregnant. The smallest thing sets me off and it's scaring my boyfriend.
The hot flashes are the absolute worst. I cannot sleep or get comfy to save my life and I hate it so much. I'm so frustrated and so tired, literally, from all of this that I could cry. So I set up a doctor's appointment, but it's not till June 24th, over a month away! I can't stand this for much longer. Please help.

wolfmamma89

Asked by wolfmamma89 at 5:46 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Health

• Tell them you have to come in NOW. Or find another doctor to do it. It's not safe to remove it yourself and they usually cut the strings really short anyway.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:48 PM on May. 21, 2010

• grab the string and pull. I had mine removed last year and if I had known how easy and painless it was I would have just done it at home. You really can't even feel it. I literally takes 3 seconds.
    Anonymous

• i would not do it yourself, yeah it takes only a couple seconds and it is painless when done by a professional. if you dont do it correctly you could seriously injure yourself.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 5:56 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Find another doctor if yours can't get you in sooner.
    midwestmomx3

Answer by midwestmomx3 at 7:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'd be scared to. I have one also and have contemplated what it would entail to get out if I ever decided I wanted to be pregnant again. When they insert it, the top T part is collapsed and as soon as it is inserted it expands. I'm not sure how I could get it to collapse again and if it is even possible. I'd be afraid of how that could damage your cervix if you just yanked on it. I'd recommend trying to get into another dr. Even try Planned Parenthood as they should know how to take it out safely.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:13 PM on May. 21, 2010