Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Injured Spousal Report

SO this is my first year filing a joint account with my husband he has debt from child support. I filled injured spousal report to try to get my portion and not have to pay his debt because this is a 50-50 state whats mine is his and whats his is mine including debt. now. I might have to pay. Has anyone gone through this? What was the outcome? How long did it take?

Answer Question

Asked by babyangelromero at 6:07 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 17 (4,048 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • If you live in a community property state and have earned income you will receive your portion of the refund back. It takes about two weeks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • anonymous it's been 11 weeks. they just assigned my case to someone and they said it'll prob still take till July to reach a decision plus the additional 3-4 weeks to assign payment.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 6:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • girl my husband has gone through the same thing. i owe the government loan , but the thing is that they don't care how much he owes it all the depends on how much the irs will take away from there. me i only reported 300 last yr and they took from our check 900 because of my loan.

    Answer by cataquiroz24 at 6:31 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • we had to pay, his money is mine, my money is his.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:19 PM on May. 21, 2010

  • I've said it before, I will say it again. Pay what you owe. And adjust your withholding.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.