having a natural birth after a c-section

Has anyone ever done this? Did it go ok? Where there complications?

jasonslove1989

Asked by jasonslove1989 at 6:22 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if i were u i wouldn't go with it. my doctor has told me even if it's 9 nine yrs. since i had my son, no doctor will want to perform a natural birth after c-section because they can have a law suit go after them if something goes wrong.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 6:25 PM on May. 21, 2010

• A good friend of mine had a natural VBAC. Everything went well. =)
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 6:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I've known one person to do it. It was sucessful. I did a lot of research about it to decide what to do this time. You really need to look at why you had the first C-section. If it was because baby was breach, or something like that...a natural birth would be a good idea next. If it was because labor didn't progress, baby didn't fit, or some emergency...chances are that will happen again and you would risk uterine rupture and infection trying. It really depends on you and your history.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:44 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I had a c-section with my son. I was to small to deliver him naturally. I know some doctors that do it, but it can cause your uterus to rupture and I've known it to happen to many women thats why most doctors don't like to do it. I think if I were to have another one I wouldn't even take the chance. A c-section sucks but it'd probably be safer
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 9:28 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Try starting here: www.ican-online.com

No matter what the reason you had your first section, chances are that your second pregnancy will be different. There are a lot of vbac groups here on cafemom as well. Research, Research, Research!!! :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:40 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section with my son because he got stuck in the birth canal and his heart rate started to drop. 3 years later I had my daughter vbac with no complications, 3 years after that I had another daughter vaginally again with no complications. The best advice I can give is for you to talk with your doctor about what the best option is for you. If you decide on vbac just be sure to have it at a fully equipped hospital so if there are complications you and your baby can get the care you need right away. Personally for me vbac was the best option. The recovery time from a vaginal delivery is so much shorter than a c-section, and I felt great immediately after I delivered. But again, that was me. Talk to your doctor to decide what is best for you.
    woodacat

Answer by woodacat at 8:47 AM on May. 22, 2010