My two yr old just said I wanna lick u pu**y mom?!!! where did he learn this? Idk what to do or who to ask? im just confused what should I do?

hes not even allowed to watch movies that arent for his age or listen to bad music.I dont swear around him either.every time I ask where he learned that from he says idk. im lost,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Only YOU would be able to figure this out & you better do it FAST! Family member?? Day Care?? That is REALLY BAD!!!!
    Anonymous

• Could his father have said something like that without him knowing your son was listening? Another man he is around? A friend who picked it up somewhere? I had a friend who had big brothers and we learned a lot of naughty things from listening to them.
    Anonymous

• She heard from someone somewhere. Just tell her not to talk like that. She might have overheard a conversation that you and your Dh were having. Don't overreact, just let her know it's not acceptable language.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:36 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I meant to say HE sorry
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:37 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I agree with lowen. explain that is not acceptable to say.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 6:38 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I really hope you are not having intercourse with the child near by. I mean during the day when he is playing around the house. Or at night where he can hear you. Perhaps he heard it from your husband about you. If this is so, I'm sorry it really makes me mad. Children that age should be protected. When my Son starts pre-school I really hope he does not come home saying things like that. I know eventually he will learn these things at school but not at that small of an age. What happened to preserving a kids childhood? Why are children learning these things at such a young age now?? Sorry for the rant and I am not saying this is the case but I hear things like this and I cringe.

Anonymous

• My 3 year old son doesn't even KNOW those words! He HAS to have learned it somewhere!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:57 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Woopsies! I think almost every kid picks up some sort of bad word sometime in their childhood. Who knows where they hear some of them (other times it's pretty obvious!).

I'd do like the other moms said and firmly tell him that we don't say that. Just make sure to not overreact. My two year old once said sh*t and I was so surprised that he thought my reaction was funny and kept saying it. I learned the hard way that is NOT a good way to get them to stop.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:11 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I would ask him where he heard it at. Then explain that you shouldnt talk like that. Then deal with who ever said that around him.
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 1:45 PM on May. 22, 2010