Obese and pregnant, anyone else?

216 pounds and I'm pregnant... We've had three children, all c-sections... I was losing weight and didnt plan on another pregnancy at this time. So, I worried about being this heavy and being pregnant. Is there any advice you cna give to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Make healthier choices when you eat, get out and walk with your kids....pretty much anything you would do to lose the weight is still fair game when you're pregnant (I assume - I was 120 when I was pregnant) just don't do anything strenuous.
    Anonymous

• I was 200 LB when I was pregnant with baby 3 (our last one) I was losing weight too when we got a surprise pregnancy! I just ate really healthy. I ate when I was hungry but good stuff. I ended up gaining just 10 pounds and had a healthy baby girl. SInce I was over weight the doc said I did not need to gain the typical 25 pounds. I gained alot with my first 2 through
    Anonymous

• Do not diet, just eat better (but you should do this anyway because you are pregnant). I was 250lbs the first time around and 260lbs the second time around. There isn't anything inherently (IMO) that is wrong with being overweight even obese and pregnant, you just have a higher chance of high blood pressure or gestational diabetes and those are things that you can work around. Eat better, light exercise and congrats!.
    Anonymous

• This is anon :54- I gained 16lbs with oldest and 17lbs with youngest....
    Anonymous

• I am not obese I don't think, but am overweight this time and have a large frame. Large women apparently don't even really have much of a weight gain need, so eat healthy and keep exercising with your doctor's okay. I've only "gained" four lbs this pregnancy, which means I may have actually lost body fat because the metabolism goes up when pregnant. Everyone tells me this is fine, and I gather it's because I have the fat needed to sustain a pregnancy already. (although they'd never say that to my face. lol)
    Anonymous

• I am like you. I just found out I am pregnant. 5'7" at 250 lbs. I have one son already that was a c-section. I have been trying to be healthier when i found out i was pregnant. My advice is what I am doing. Do not diet just eat healthier. Lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats. Keep away from soda and junk foods. Do light exercises like just walking. You may not gain any weight with your pregnancy. Good luck and congratulations.
    aidensmyangel

Answer by aidensmyangel at 8:07 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Like everyone said eating healthy and light excircise is key, Im 32 weeks and overwieght, my Dr actually told me not to gain any wieght, and it still healthy for baby, bc they will still get the nurishment they need, and he also told me it was ok to lose wiegh (I lost 20ibs by the time i was 5 months, and gained 12 of it back and Dr sid its ok) If your Dr is anythig ike mine s/he will moniter it bc of high bp and dieabeties,(which im happy to say i've been free of both considering my wieght!) so just remember you may be overwieght, but you can still have a healthy pregnancy!!!
    princess730

Answer by princess730 at 4:07 AM on May. 22, 2010

• i was 243 when i got pregnant and in my 31 weeks now and i weigh 244 i just eat health and i excircise everyday even if its just walking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on May. 23, 2010