My dd has about 10 to 15 bug bites on her on various locations on her body. Will benadryl help her?

I am not sure what type of bites they are, I never saw any type of bugs on her and she never complained.

But wondering if benadryl would help with the redness and itching?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Kids' Health

• They could be bed bug bites...google bed bugs to get more info and to view images of the bites and bugs. Um...maybe mosquito bites does she play outdoors alot? or by water...lake, creek etc....
    Anonymous

• Zyrtec is a better choice. That is what my pediatrician and pediatric allergist bothe recommend. Also, get some Calomine (sp?) lotion.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:00 PM on May. 21, 2010

• the first thing i thought of was bed bugs. they usually come in little clusters and get pretty itchy. maybe some hydrocortozone cream.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Rub Listerine on them
    Anonymous

• Yes, benadryl will help get rid of the histimines that they bugs left but so will a blow dryer! If you turn on a blow dryer and hold it about 4 in from the bite for 3 minutes, it will cause the body to release the histimines. Its worth a shot!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:24 PM on May. 24, 2010

• check your mattress just in case for bed bugs specially the ridges of the bed that's where they tend to hide.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010