I feel like a slacker...

So with my new job I work 7pm-3 or 4am... get home then my son gets up at 6.... I get no naps or anything.... my house is a hot mess but I'm so tired I can't bring myself to clean.... I feel horrible looking at this hot mess of a house....

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 6:52 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yours is probably clean compared to mine; I work seven days a week and can't be bothered with more than the basics. Here's the good news...no one ever had "World's Best Housekeeper" on her grave.

"Hot mess?" Is something on fire? (I'm old, I don't get this newfangled talk!)

Answer by gdiamante at 6:56 PM on May. 21, 2010

• lol it means a super mess lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i always had the opinion that it's more important to be sane than to have my house spotless - and it was always far from that. occasionally it would get clean when i was expecting company, but more often when the babysitter got bored late at night, or my friend would come over and help me with a bottle of wine in the mix. i'm still pretty sloppy although much better than i used to be. my house would be a disaster if it weren't for my husband.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

• well you don't work every day do you? Just be lazy and clean up on your day off
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You need sleep. Get some sleep then everything will be okay!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:34 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Ok I am Mrs.Fix it.... so i feel the need to give you advice on how to help your situation. 1. Can you get hubbys help? 2. Can you clean 1 room a day? 3. On a off day can you de-clutter/ re-organize, throw away stuff. it will help! The less stuff you have the better 4. Get large baskets & Label however you seperate clothes. Try to get family to put them in the dirty clothes properly (haha!)..5. Make cleaning a game for your son..6. Have a "throw" basket in every room. Easy clean up & when u have more time u return it where it should be.. 7. Little bins for kids toys so its easy for him to clean up. Keep one in the living room & occasionally emty it out in his room. Put some toys up & trade them occasionaly. he will have "like new toys again".
    Having a clean house is not #1.. But I know for me, i feel better, sleep better & am in a better mood if the house is clean. it also stays cooler.. Do what makes you OK! *HUGS*
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:32 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Throw everything away. The less there is the less you have to clean. I just pretend to like the "minamilist" look.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:40 PM on May. 21, 2010