Does anyone have really bad seasonal allergies and a nose stud or septum piercing?

Just wondering because about 3 months out of the year I have really bad allergies. The rest of the time, I'm usually fine or have very mild nasal symptoms. Was it complicated for you to blow your nose or sneeze or anything when you first got it pierced? I have 6 other piercings, so I'm not worried about pain or anything, just wondering how nose piercings do with allergies lol. Thanks!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:37 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's never really bothered me. If you wear a stud with a straight post, it's easier to snag on a tissue (or your pillow, towel, etc!) than the other types. I usually wear a hoop, or a stud with the loop-dy back and I've never had any problems.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:11 PM on May. 21, 2010

• It doesn't really make a difference to me. I just blow my nose. lol.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:40 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i did for a few years and it didnt bother me at all. just blew my nose as usual
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• OP: So it doesn't really make any difference? I thought it would.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:46 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i had mine done and took it out after 3 days. i hated how it felt like i had a constant boogie im my nose and also live in the midwest and i pierced it winter and the ring got very cold.
    i think its cute on some people and i wish it didnt bother me as much i would of kept it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:03 PM on May. 21, 2010

• for the first week it bothered me to blow my nose, but after that i got used to it
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 8:14 PM on May. 21, 2010

• i have my septum pierced ... i dont have allergies, but its never bothered me when i was sick or anything like that. it was the most painful piercing ive ever gotten, took a while to heal and hurt pretty bad but i love it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2010