What to do I am undecided?

I am a SAHM but would like to work for the school I have a teacher's aide diploma but they don't get paid much...should I just be a cross guard or a bus driver something where I don't have to begone all day as it is they don't pay much either.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• depends on your kids ages.

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• OP Here. 6 & 8 yrs.

• So they're both in school. If you're an aide, you're at school when they're at school. If you're either of the others, you have to be at school earlier than they do, and won't get home til later than they do. If you want to spend time together outside of school, obviously be an aide and used what you've earned.

• Why not go back to school and get a teaching degree? A career is MUCH better than a job.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Have you thought about substituting? I have my teaching cert, but didn't want a full time job so I used to substitute before I had my little one and I made $100/day. Not that much, but it was nice to pick which days I wanted to work or not.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on May. 22, 2010

• yeah it doesn't pay much but you can work when they are at school. A friend of my sons mom does this.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 22, 2010