what do you moms think about the oil spill?

please answer as you will i know i think it is crazy just would like to hear some others veiws

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 8:12 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know it is kind of werid i live in daytona and i work at the beach and if the oil gets here it is going to distroy the beach but it already is so i really think they need to do something about it soon! it is not fare to the envirement either!
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 8:22 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm starting to think there's some sort of conspiracy going on. A month and it hasn't been stopped yet???? WTF???
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:14 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We live a few hours from the Alabama coast and its a frequent vacation spot. I am worried that it will ruin future vacations and will kill all the wildlife and vegetation.

It makes me sad.
    Anonymous

• I'm soooo mad!!!! I'm buycotting BP. Once oil hits a coast its never the same again, check out what the Exxon Valdez spill did to Alaska! CBS reporters were told they were going to be arrested & met by the coast guard w/ BP officials on board? WTF? Fuckers
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:22 PM on May. 21, 2010

• it is out of control
    Anonymous

• I think something is up too...All the technology that we have and they can't stop an oil leak? Sounds fishy to me. Also, the mayor of Louisian had been requested assistance to build an emergency wall so the spill wouldnt go into thier marsh...and his pleas were ignored. The military was confiscating any camaras and picture phones in the area. The next thing I know..they were reprting on tv like that didnt even happen! And I had JUST heard it on the news and they switched the story around. Something is not right. I would like to know what the heck they are trying to do!
    Anonymous

• yeah they are totally shady - i can't believe it's gone on this long!! something is not right at all here - they have totally downplayed the severity of this since the beginning. there's our great media again... they should be forced to pay millions to wildlife refuge and oceanic care, etc.
    Anonymous

• Heard this evening that the spill may not be stopped until Aug. So many depend on the waters of the gulf for their livlihood. BP ought to be forced to pay these people, at the very least, the same amount they'd be making if the spill had not happened....and have to pay for all clean-up and environmental damage. Gee and people wonder why so many are against off-shore drilling....it just could have something to do with the way these companies do business. Really, why did they not have more controls, etc in place to prevent this kind of thing or at least be able to minimize the damage.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 8:38 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I'm surprise our president isn't getting more of the blame. It's shocking that he is not being really accused of not doing anything about it. Our previous president got a lot of criticism for lack of things, Katerina comes to mind. I think it's crazy that it is still spilling oil!!! We want our government to step in so often, and as much as hate that line of thinking this should be one of those times that the government should step in. More pressure should be place on PB, more pressure should be place on our president to make PB do something. Instead we get little sound bites and live video feed of the spill.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:41 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I think it's absolutely ridiculous it's be this long and they have not stopped are gained any progress.
    It's so frustrating. Alot of people are out of work and they have given $1000 to those people.
    The seafood won't be the same for a while and there are have already been a lot of animals found dead due to the oil.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:42 PM on May. 21, 2010