It's another What Would You Do question...

If you were at the pharmacy, and see a woman who can't afford her prescription, but needed it, would you help her if you could?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm watching that show...If I had the $ I think I would help!! But I usually am broke. My hubby and I barely scrape by, so I would feel awful : (
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:58 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would see if we had some samples to give her until she could aford to buy it. Doctors have donr that for us brfore,
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 10:01 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I actually have helped out... But never like these people were able to... The first thing I do when I see this stuff going on is provide them with a medical discount card. I have a home business which provides low cost healthcare, and free Rx cards, so I always keep a few on hand in my purse. When someone is in this spot, I always make sure they are getting the best price. Then, when I can, I help out with the remaining cost when I can. And I have even taken their information so I could send them information on alternative programs that may help them. Local drug programs and such could help get them the best prices. I figure, it's great to help them once, but if I can get them ongoing help, that is better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

• If i had the disposable income
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:02 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We have one rx a month and it is about $40 for us, so that is a large chunk of one week's paycheck but thankfully it lasts a month and the other weeks I can focus on getting pullups which usually last over a week.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would. I've done similar things before.
    Anonymous

• yes
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:26 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Yes, I would. I've done something of that sort before.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:32 PM on May. 21, 2010

• yeah
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:39 PM on May. 21, 2010

• Yes, I have been in that boat my DD was REALLY sick one time, her insurance had cancelled out of nowhere. $76 which was a whole 2 week paycheck for me. ($76 was like a million to me at the time)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:41 PM on May. 21, 2010