What do you do with your familes spare change?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:16 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we have ours in a 5 gallon water jug. We only cash it in when we need it, gas, groceries, whatever.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My husband will round it up for gas or to wash the car or something like that.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:17 PM on May. 21, 2010

• we have a special container for it and when it gets to a certain level we know it's at least $80 and we bring it to the bank. I'd say this is 2x a year perhaps. Usually we do it once when we're crazy broke and need groceries or a bill paid but once in a blue moon we'll do it just because the container is full and treat ourselves to something awesome like a pedicure for me and a steak for the hubby
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:17 PM on May. 21, 2010

• we have been saving ours for over a year. when we finaly get married we are using it for a honeymoon. probably a cruize.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:18 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My husband puts in the arm rest thingy (lol) and uses it for emergency gas fund.
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 10:20 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I use it for yard sales. We also use it for allowance since the kids use a smart savvy bank.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:21 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I use mine for lunch. My husband uses his for drinks at work.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:22 PM on May. 21, 2010

• We don't have any, All of our money goes in the bank and everything is paid with plastic, never cash. So any spare change just ads up in the account.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on May. 21, 2010

• My husband uses it for the newspaper -- he leaves for work earlier than it would arrive at our house -- drinks and food at work, etcetera.
    Anonymous

• I split it between the kids when they are behaved well. Once the piggy bank is full the money they earn goes in their savings acct and we buy them a toy for about the same they had of their choice.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:37 PM on May. 21, 2010