did your husband ever change his mind?

We welcomed baby #2 a few months ago. My husband says that he doesn't want any more- EVER!! I have my heart set on adopting another baby in 3 or 4 years (once our oldest is in school and baby is older). Did your husband ever change his mind to expand your family after swearing up and down that he would never have another kid??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe when he said that he wanted plenty of kids he did not know how much work it would be...It's ok if he changes his mind just as long as he loves his babies that is all that matters. Don't bug him about it anymore he is done as far as he's concerned.
    Anonymous

• Yes, mine did. He went from wanting like 10 kids to he was good at 3 and didn't want another to we are talking about #4 (his idea). I think he is caught up in the moment like my hubby was. Its hard now, but when the baby gets easier, he may consider another. GL
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:52 PM on May. 21, 2010

• When we first got married my hubby didn't want any. Then he changed his mind and we had two for a while. But then after having a failed adoption and giving one back he couldn't go through with it again. Now we have one and no plans for anymore.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:55 PM on May. 21, 2010

• It's so soon after the birth--he may just be feeling a little overwhelmed right now. Don't hold him to anything right now...just enjoy this time. Alot can change in 3-4 years!!
    Anonymous

• Mine wanted two, we had two then happily agreed to a third .After # 3 he was adamant about not having another.He is partner in his firm so not a money issue just no more.I told him fine but since we disagreed he was in charge of all BC.Two reasons he takes responsibility for his wishes and that way whatever happened there wouldn't be any blame game.He used to blame anything on others...no more.He can't imagine life without #4.Funny I had a huge sinus headache,had zip desire but finally agreed and the one time he didn't wrap up here comes #4..It took the better part of a year to conceive each of the first three.HAHA life is funny

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 22, 2010