Can I give my 2 month old breastmilk popcicles???

or would it be to cold for his gums?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on May. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could cause frostbite...I wouldn't
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't, either.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:05 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I don't know if a 2 month old would really need it, but if they are teething early, I don't see why it would be that big of a problem either. Frostbite is probably exaggerating a bit, but the baby might not like it, since breastmilk is normally warm and satisfying. It might just make them cry to have it frozen unless they are old enough to have experienced tastes, textures and different temperatures of other foods & drinks.
    For an older baby or toddler, momcicles are awesome :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 22, 2010

• haha...momcicle! lmao...
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:30 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I agree with anon. I think frostbite is unlikely... see how it goes. If it's too cold, he will wince and don't force it. If it's soothing, continue. Mine teethed early but I never thought of momsicles! lol.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:26 AM on May. 22, 2010

• frostbite? seriously? hahahahahahahahahahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on May. 22, 2010

• my mom suggested this, trust me breast milk thaws too quickly for this to work. if you have pumped and frozen your milk and then thawed it under luke warm water you would no it wouldnt work
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:43 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Sure! It wouldn't hurt your baby and if your baby likes it, go for it. You want to give small amounts at a time.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:23 PM on May. 22, 2010