Deodorant for 5 year old

My daughter bathes very well....BUT, when she comes inside from playing, her armpits smell bad. Is it okay to use a sensitive skin antiperspirant? If not, what would you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would talk to her doctor about it first before you try to cover it up, It could be her diet, it could be hormonal, it could be over-active sweat glands
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:16 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I too would talk to the peditrician before i used anything. usually its the hormonal change that leads to the sweat smell, mixed with the bacteria on the skin. it could b several things so tell him about it so he can b a guide to how u show proceed.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:26 PM on May. 23, 2010

• If your child is overly stinky even thouhg you guys practise good hygiene, then it's time to talk to your pedi as that could be an indicator that something else is going on. If it's only after she plays really really hard, I wouldn't think about deoderant yet, but rather having her take a 'sponge-bath' with just a little water...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:12 PM on May. 24, 2010

• My DD sometimes gets a little odor under the armpits too. I started to sprinkle a little non-talc baby powder and it helps alot.
    Anonymous

• glad to know i'm not the only one. i will speak to the doctor just in case.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2010