Have you ever moved to a new country?

My family is moving to Germany. I know German but my dd does not. So i wanted to know like how to act in a new setting. We got her into a very nice small school- how do schools normally act with new kids that dont know the native language? will people make fun of her? Besides that I know that they um are way way way more open about sex and our VERY open about it, its also very easy to get a hold of drugs and such... how should i handle that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Travel

• We live in Italy and my son goes to italian preschool. He knew no italian at all but has picked up on it pretty quick. The kids don't make fun of him at all and the teachers are very patient with him. Since you know german, maybe you can start teaching her a few of the basics to get her started before you make the move. As far as the sex issue, I don't see a whole lot of emphasis on it here. Maybe in Germany it's different as it's been over 20 years since i lived there. We did go to the beach and yes, there were some topless women but i just warned my kids ahead of time and they made no big deal out of it when they saw them. Good luck! I love living overseas
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2010