I'm a fairly new vegetarian, and I know I need vitamin supplements, but I vomit them up, even on a full tummy... what can I take?

Like.. the multivitamins make me hurl. Are there chewable ones I can take? Suggestions?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 12:52 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• Yes, you can do the chewable ones. I use those myself, when I remember to take a vitamin. The other ones, made for grown-ups are just too hard for me to swallow.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:59 AM on May. 22, 2010

• LIke kids chewable? Or do they have adult ones? I mean like flintstones or something? And how many do you take?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:05 AM on May. 22, 2010

• ive heard a lot of adults use flinstones chewables. there is also a vitamin b-12 drink you can supposedly get, although i dont know much about it.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:06 AM on May. 22, 2010

• My doctor says if you are eating healthy then you don't need vitamins.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I was a vegetarian for almost 10 years and never took a vitamin. Try to avoid the plain noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwich diet and you should be fine (meaning, eat fresh fruits and veggies every day). Also, if you still eat dairy and eggs those help with vitamin intake a lot as well. Congratulations on your decision to love yourself and the planet- sorry if I am starting to sound like a hippy.... :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Take probiotics, D and centrum chewable. If you eat veggies and fruits, it should be fine. Might add iron or cook with an iron spider.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:38 AM on May. 22, 2010

• One A Day makes a gummy vitamin for adultss. You can also find gummy vitamin C and calcium as well. Check Wal Greens, Wal Mart, CVS (whatever drug store is by you).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:31 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I take a refrigerated probiotic, hemp oil, and a cal/mag/D. I use a lot of ground flax seeds and nutritional yeast. I have been veg for most of the last 30 years, including a pregnancy.

Eat a healthy balanced diet, based on whole foods, and you will be fine.

Most of the gummy vitamins are not vegetarian!

There are some great links here: http://vegkitchen.com/vegetarian-tips.htm

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 AM on May. 22, 2010