I'm having trouble. Can you relate to this?

I'm having a mid life crisis. I know what it is. I am 41. I am done having kids. (I don't want to be done.) My health is shot. I have a crappy job and an alcoholic husband. Financially am ok, but not great. My kids are almost adults. I am PISSED. I feel like my babies grew up overnight. I feel like I got screwed out of a life. (Not a different life, just that it went too damn fast.)
I am really depressed about it. What can I do? Unfortunately life doesn't have a pause or rewind button like my DVR. :( Wouldn't that be nice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Dump your husband and adopt a baby!!! Wouldn't it be nice if you could do what you REALLY wanted to do. Seek counsel. It is nice to speak freely to a total stranger and get feedback without prejudice. If you are truly unhappy, please take the steps to make yourself happier in at least one facet of your life. If your kids are almost grown, there is no reason to stay with a man who brings you down...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 22, 2010

• OP: I like my husband when he isn't drinking. I am not enabling him. I don't buy him drinks, drink with him, condone his drinking, excuse it or cover it up.
    When he isn't drinking, he is fun, full of life, loving, funny, a good provider. This isn't about him. It is about me. I am seriously depressed with my own self.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 22, 2010

• have you considered adoption like anon suggested. there's no reason why you two can't adopt, unless there is something ill in your legal history. if your only 41 you could still raise a child, many women are still having babies at that age now.

or take up a hobby, make a business out of something you like, you need something new, something to occupy yourself with...IMO

hopefully your find your niche
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:22 AM on May. 22, 2010

• your kids are almost grown. now would be the time to start to work on you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 22, 2010