how to share this expierence with daddy 2 be?

its like im feeling all this change inside me and all he gets to do is....
bend over for me!
listen to my rants!
i just was looking for a few good tips on wht to say or wht to do to share this with him... i mean hes a very curious guy and wants to be involved in any way!
i mean normally when i guy says if i could do it for u i would! (there just saying tht to calm u down or somethign dumb) but i swear if he could HE WOULD LOL !! im just wondering (as a first time mom to be) i mean he constantly has his hand on my tummy i swear its like a cushion and hes left his impression lol he very carrying BUT i have no idea wht to say to help him be more involved lol to me its ok a babys growing inside me lol im crazy one min the next i just want a long hug! lol he cant expierence this hes on the outside and i get to feel the inside...

and if no suggestions to tht....

then how do i describe my feelings with the baby to him

newmom2011

Asked by newmom2011 at 1:05 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask his opinion on everything. From the nursery to baby names, to toys, to the gift registry to the theme for the baby shower. Really make him a part of it. When we're pregnant all attention from the outside gets turned onto us (as it should lol), but it is our responsibility to make sure that our men feel just as special. Maybe go out and get him a "dad" t shirt. Take him to every doc appointment. Tell him everything your experiencing, from every little movement, tell him exactly what it feels like. Let him read a story to your belly (sounds weird I know lol), but babies can hear us, and its a great way for him to begin bonding time, and you never know, story time may become his thing even after the baby is born!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:15 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Hmmm...have him go to all the visits with you, let him touch your belly as much as he wants, and let him plan things like clothes, car seats, which diapers to buy, etc... Most women get so caught up with planning things we do it all ourselves and most husbands are happy to comply! But with yours, just ask his opinion on everything. Have him read up on decisions for your family and talk it out. Will you have a boy circumcised? Are you planning to breastfeed? How can he help you adjust to feeding the baby? Tell him how much of a help he is when he cooks, cleans, or rubs your swollen feet. If you REALLY wanted to share the attention and someone is giving you a baby shower... allow him to come and open the gifts with you, pick out your registry, etc... Congrats!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:40 AM on May. 22, 2010

• sign him up for a weekly e mail from one of those baby sites like what to expect. my dh loves it when we are in bed and my belly is on his back and he can feel the baby moving. and it's good support.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:59 AM on May. 22, 2010

• It was hard for me to get dh really involved with the baby. He would rub my tummy and stuff towards the end. But in the beginning it is hard for the guys. I tried to involve him in everything I could. All the doctors appts, helping with the nursery, and buying stuff. Dh LOVES turtles, so I did the nursery in a pond theme with turtles and I would buy dd stuff with little turtles on it. I would also tell him stuff like " this week the baby is 3 pounds adn can suck her thumb" or something out of my pregnancy book.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:10 AM on May. 22, 2010