whats wrong with my 2year old?

shes had a fever for 2 days (yesterday and today) she had diarreah yesterday but not today.It smelled REALLY bad.i was going to take her to the Dr. but all they said over the phone is that its her molars coming in.
i gave her Motrin and the fever goes down for a while but comes back.She has chill bumps too...anyone knw what it might be?

lhernandez7208

Asked by lhernandez7208 at 1:06 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fever and diarrhea...i'd say it sounds like a stomach bug. I have 3 kids, and not one of them has run a fever or had diarrhea when their molars came in. Just make sure your LO is kept hydrated. I hope she feels better soon!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:12 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Oh, and if the fever isn't gone by tomorrow, i'd take her to urgent care!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:13 AM on May. 22, 2010

• thanks, i was just a little worried.Ill def. take her in tommorow if it isnt gone.
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:15 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I would have her check out by the doctor. It may be a bug but teething is a possibility.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Really FOUL smelling diarrhea is characteristic of the Rotavirus.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:56 AM on May. 22, 2010

• My child has a fever for 2 days I'm on the phone to the dr.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:21 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Probably just a stomach bug... nothing to worry about. Keep her drinking and avoid sugary drinks like juice that will make it worse and also limit milk... which will also make it worse. Do water and pedialyte and keep her drinking.
    There is nothing a doctor will do for you unless she is dehydrated and as long as she is drinking you'll be fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:29 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I agree that there is nothing a doctor can do unless she is dehydrated so why put her through the stress of taking her to the office or urgent care. Two days of fever and one day of diarrhea may seem bad to you but it is no big deal. Don't give anything for the fever. The body raises it's temp to help keep microbes (becteria, virus, ect.) from multiplying. No milk (digestive problems). No pedialyte (not needed, can cause problems). Can eat a normal diet. Drink lots of water. No soda. Some juice ok (avoid citrus, apple, and plum).

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:56 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Thanks for the advice..shes better today its a low grade fever.
    Ruttermama-i di call the Dr. they said it was teething,but i was woried thats why i posted here
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:30 PM on May. 22, 2010