Why do you care now? Or why are you bothered now? (a vent....)

I am so tired of this question. Do people think that none of us were upset at all by anything that GWB did or didn't do? WE WERE!! And then, here comes Obama, to save the day! He ran on the promises of hope and change, of transparency, of bipartisanship, of an END to politics as usual. So I had some expectations of this man. And he has failed to meet any of them. And then, I have to listen to the ladies on here get all snarky about "why do I care about it NOW??" As if I should ignore the things that bother me. I have only been on CM for about 9 months, so no one on here knows what I complained about last summer, 2 years ago, or even 5 years ago. From what I understand, CM has been around for only 3 years, so I find it hard to believe that any of you know what any of us were doing when GWB was in charge and what we complained about then. Please, just stop assuming that no one complained before now, or [cont'd]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We should always care! Let's face it, NO politician is perfect. If they were, they wouldn't be in politics lol. I didn't agree with everything Bush, Clinton, or several other presidents did. But I've never seen a president so blatantly disrespect our country and Constitution. IMO he has turned out the be the worst president in my lifetime, and he's only been office going on a year and a half. At least it took Bush 8 yrs to do the things people are upset with him about. And we ain't seen nothin' yet folks.

Anonymous

• [cont'd]
    or that we are only complaining because we don't like Obama. We are most of us grown up ladies, and we can take it that our pick didn't win. We teach this concept to our children each day. I am just so fed up with grown ladies treating other grown ladies as if they were children, as if they are so petulant about who won the election that they will not give Obama a chance. We DID give him a chance, more than one. He simply does not measure up to his campaign promises. Am I not allowed to talk about that? Please, STOP asking WHY I am complaining about something NOW, if it is the same as it was under GWB. Maybe, just maybe, that is precisely why I am complaining. Because I was assured that those things would change. And they haven't. And I am tired of being ignored. Thank you for reading.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I totally agree. You have every right to have your opinion and have it respected. I support Obama, but do not agree with everything he does. I'm also sick and tired of being insulted for my view and opinions . It goes both ways.
    So as a grown woman, my choices are take what is being said and reply OR don't click on Cafemom.
    Over the past year, I have chose to limit my time here. You can't change other people you can only change yourself.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:11 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes, OP, I agree with you! It is frustrating at times. But, I'm not going anywhere, and I plan to keep bringing up his hypocritical ways, his failures and his shortcomings until he moves his butt back to whatever state or country he claims as his home! You know, like so many Bush haters did, and CONTINUE to do?! LOL :o)

See, I don't take who I voted for personally--as in the candidate I voted for defines/reflects who I am. But many Obama supporters do/did. So when we "bash" him, we are apparently bashing them or people they know that remind them of Obama. That would be the YOUNG and NAIVE among us (seems they all flock to CM, don't they?!) LOL Too many of them don't know that Bush and Clinton weren't the ONLY presidents to come before Obama! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 AM on May. 22, 2010

• No, when you bash him, your not using facts. You say he's a Muslim, not born here, etc about him personally. Even read a couple of those chain mails saying he was t he anti-christ. When you bash his policy you perpetuate misinformation you hear from Rush and Beck and the rest of those on Fox.
    The criticism of Bush was all based on fact. There is a huge difference.
    Also I'm not going to bash a President, politician or whoever just because the othe side bashed a guy I liked.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 9:30 AM on May. 22, 2010

• The facts are correct about Obama he wrote a book (one source) about himself, if you ever read it you would know the facts. His own pastor is very upset with Obama. So the facts are in and we really are going by facts and not speculation, do some real reasearch and you will see for yourself.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:49 AM on May. 22, 2010

• No, when you bash him, your not using facts. You say he's a Muslim, not born here, etc about him personally.

Sure, that's an easy way for you to avoid addressing facts, ignore then and replace them with crap you've read in chain emails. Now how about you toddle along and go read some of the actual questions people have asked here, and the answers people have given here, instead of projecting your fantasy world onto the discussion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:16 AM on May. 22, 2010

Very well put NP. deflecting is exactly what she is doing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:52 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Really Autumn? Because I have to say I have seen WAY more LIBS on here perpetuating Beck and Rush and the CRAZY stories. THEY trot them out in EVERY legit question. That is when they choose to actually respond to them. I know grly posts completely FACT based Q's on here ALL the time that get ZERO response. Unless it's to do with certain key issues (gay rights, abortion, and now immigration) the libs ignore. Heck I have a question just a few down about an official blatantly REFUSING to do his JOB not many responses to that one. I have seen those on the right and middle continually remark on the things that GWB did wrong. The problem is many on the left SOUND like sheeple because you NEVER hear them remark against Obama...even when what he does is blatantly wrong....all you hear are deflections, usually to GWB, Beck, Rush.\..ect... I would like t oadd real quick I HAVE seen Sisteract question LOL :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:13 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I would like t oadd real quick I HAVE seen Sisteract question LOL :)

I have to but she is about the only one. Most refuse to respond to legit questions because they know it is true but think if they ignore it then it will go away.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:29 PM on May. 22, 2010