Do you knowk anyone who has had melonoma?

Do you check your moles regularly? Do you tan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Health

• My dad had 3 spots of melanoma on his face. I do tan, but not crazy like....I like to go to the beach, smell the air, sit in the shade!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:04 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes my Uncle died of melanoma 3 years ago, He passed away less than a year after his diagnosis. I started seeing a dermatologist shortly after. I am out in the sun a lot but wear sunscreen.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 8:44 AM on May. 22, 2010

• There is a man in our church who has a form of that in his eye. He'll be having surgery soon. And, I know it's not a person, but I lost a horse when I was 16 to melanoma. She was miserable!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:36 AM on May. 22, 2010

• My dad had one on his leg and one on his back. He used to be a farm kid and worked out in the sun and was always tan. Luckily it was caught early and he was able to have it removed. My aunt lived in Hawaii for about four years and had many removed from her face.

I have one mole on my back that I need to keep an eye on. I NEVER tan, but I freak out over it. The only sun I get is the recommended 10 to 15 minutes 2-3 times a week. The rest of the time, I'm in the shade with sunblock.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:02 AM on May. 22, 2010