Has anyone attempted a VBAC2c?

I have had two c-sections and I want to try a VBAC bc I have heard it was way safer...

KamiLynn

Asked by KamiLynn at 8:56 AM on May. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I pretty sure your doctor wont let you have that option after 2 c-sections, but Im not sure. Just ask your OB.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:24 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I didn't have 2 c-sections, but I did have one, then, 15 months later, I had a v-bac.

It's not just how many c-sections you've had. It depends on what sort of c-section you had (basically, which direction they cut you), and why you had the c-sections.

I would talk to your Dr.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:18 AM on May. 22, 2010

• Yes it is true that it depends on whch type os section you had, BUT if you have had more than one c-section your changes of rupture increase. Its really something you should talk to your doctor about. They may have a policy inplace to where you cant do it even it you wanted to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I would research your options for an OB. Find someone who supports VBAC's, and make sure the hospital you deliver at allows them (all our local hospitals have banned VBAC's). Look at Michelle Duggar....As of the time Jordyn was born she'd had 13 VBACS!!!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:17 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I know a woman who had an HBAC3. Her and the baby are great! If you can't find an OB, look into a midwife. ANd check out http://www.ican-online.org/

They have lists of HCP that will do VBAC(2, 3...)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:23 PM on May. 22, 2010

• For most, a VBAC is safer than a repeat cesarean.
    Cesareans are safest when used for necessary/emergency reasons.

There are things that can improve your chances for success like using a midwife not a surgeon (OB), birthing outside the hospital, having a doula, etc...

How far along are you? Do you have support now?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:19 PM on May. 22, 2010

• I'm 21 weeks along now. DH and I don't know if we want more than three kids, but that prompted me to look into which delivery method would be better for me and my baby!

If I did a VBAC, I would have to have a natural birth (bc of the stress meds put on your uterus ect.) and I have looked into Midwives. My only issue is that I don't want a homebirth bc there is a slight chance of rupture. The midwives that deliver at our local birth center won't take me on as a client bc I wasn't with them for my first two pregnancies (I recently moved from another county).

So my options are limited. But I hate the idea of just having another c-section just b/c nobody will allow me to try for a VBAC. Doesn't every article out there always say that VBACs are safer in general?? I know that there are circumstances where repeat c-sections are medically necessary, but in my case is isn't...

KamiLynn

Answer by KamiLynn at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2010

• http://ican-online.org/vbac-ban-info See if you can find a hospital in your area that allows VBACs... they might be able to direct you to a doctor that is VBAC friendly. Poke around ICAN- there is some good info there, such as the articles you are looking for (or at least links to them).
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:53 PM on May. 22, 2010

• Look for a home birth midwife. That is your best bet. Doctors and hospitals will often tell you that you can't do it or it's too dangerous. Ignore them. If this is something you absolutely want, GET IT. If you aren't comfortable with a midwife and can't find an OB who'll support you, then just don't stress about it. If they schedule your section, don't show up; you don't have to. Patient Rights say you are allowed to refuse any and all treatments/procedures that you don't want. Show up pushing.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2010